Monday 28 February 2011

With a little help from my mammy.... x

Today was another new experience for my little lady. I braved a new toddler group, it's getting to the stage I know we'd benefit from going to a toddler group but after the comfort of a small baby group going into the unknown is a scary prospect for me.

With the rain hammering down outside and another day in on the cards, I got us ready, took a deep breath and drove us there. We've been to one recently and it turned out to be my worst nightmare, hundreds (slight exageration) of kids running around, screaming, jumping and generally doing what kids should do. It was all a little too much for me and i'm ashamed to say it really put me off.

Well, I am very pleased to say today's trip to the unknown was an absolute success and we loved it !! It's run by Surestart Childrens Centre and i'm hoping and praying that the cuts don't affect them !
We started off playing with toys and running around getting to know the room and staff, me following behind and making appropriate noises reading books etc,there was a table set up to make pictures with glue, sequins and feathers. I was so impressed they had different styles of chairs so that I could strap the little lady in to save her running off and here is her first attempt


Only a few handfuls were pulled away from her mouth, the little tinker !!

Next there was a table set up outside, little gardening spades, a bowl of soil, plant pots and several seeds were set out and the kids were shown how to grow their own plants. The little lady enjoyed hitting the soil with the spade. We managed to get a full plantpot full of soil and she shook the cress seeds into the pot and covered again with soil. Hey presto, her first cress plant was made and is now sitting proudly on the kitchen windowsill... fingers crossed I remember to water it !



We will definately be going again, it's on twice weekly and it's only a 5 minute car ride away. All in all, a great start to the day

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm 26,I have a beautiful daughter born Christmas Eve 2009 with Dan. We've been together for 3 years. Moved from Luton, Bedfordshire to Newcastle 2006 and have since moved to Acomb, Northumberland.