Tuesday 22 February 2011

The "old" me -vs- the "new" me

So,  i've been thinking... Back in the days of young *sigh* independant me, what was my life like compared to the 2011 version of myself? The one word that springs to mind is misguided.

I was in a full time 9-5.15 job that wasn't satisfying me mentally, renting mainly and floating about with a handful of good friends and unhappy relationships under my belt. Unhappy with my looks, nothing to show for my monthly salary and nights out drinking for the sake of it. Fast forward to the present and it still amazes me that I have a 14 month old daughter who has her own personality that we (have to involve Dan in this one I guess) created and moulded into the precious human being she is now. Yes, I'm still renting but now I don't feel the need to go out and get drunk, I am content in staying indoors knowing my little sidekick is tucked up safely in her cot. There are still issues I need to sort for myself but that's another story.

Admittedly, the whole independance thing was an issue at first. I was and am to some extent, the kind of girl who is happy in the knowledge I have my car to jump into an drive to where ever I deem necessary, driving around used to soothe my soul. Just me, my music and the open road. Nowadays, I can't just jump in the car and go, it's about checking I have nappies, wipes, drink, snacks, stroller, warm enough clothing etc etc with me, but and there is a but.... I wouldn't change it for the world.

This new me, is the one I like.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm 26,I have a beautiful daughter born Christmas Eve 2009 with Dan. We've been together for 3 years. Moved from Luton, Bedfordshire to Newcastle 2006 and have since moved to Acomb, Northumberland.