Monday 14 March 2011

Sleep is for the weak... apparently

So, at 14 months we still haven't cracked the full nights sleep every night and i'm stumped as to why. We get the odd night of full 7-6ish sleep and yet we don't differ in routine so I am confused?

From birth, my little madam has decided sleeping wasn't her thing, taking hours to settle and sleeping 20 minute patchs. I'm sure you've got the "walking zombie" image in your mind, well it felt worse! Crying at random comments and in front of the Health Visitors, whom I must compliment in their care and worry of my sleep deprived state, calling me up and even coming round. In hindsight I do have the concern they didn't think I was coping.

I have tried the dreaded controlled crying sleep training, although not as strict as the guidelines. If I thought madam was distressed and not just whinging then I went in and it did work... for a time.

Here's hoping she clicks into realising how amazing sleep is... all night, in her bed preferably !!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm 26,I have a beautiful daughter born Christmas Eve 2009 with Dan. We've been together for 3 years. Moved from Luton, Bedfordshire to Newcastle 2006 and have since moved to Acomb, Northumberland.