Tuesday 29 March 2011

Latest crafty adventure

Around a week ago I bought a cheap pair of plain cotton curtains. The light comes in through the gaps in madams room so need something to cover them. Well, seeing as I have the sewing bug, I pondered over what to do to them. Here is how they look so far. There are a few little touches I need to add on, but so far I am happy with them.



The birds have been ironed on with bondaweb and sewn. Stalks are ribbon, as is the "sun" and the flowers are made from semi circles of fabric.

Hope they look good once they are up !



2 comments:

  1. This is a cute idea! I've been making curtains this week too and thinking about painting similar whimsical designs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw thank you :o)
    It's lovely doing something that is appreciated. My little girl loves birds and points at the curtain every morning.

    Go for it !

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I'm 26,I have a beautiful daughter born Christmas Eve 2009 with Dan. We've been together for 3 years. Moved from Luton, Bedfordshire to Newcastle 2006 and have since moved to Acomb, Northumberland.