Wednesday 16 March 2011

Village people "you're not local"

Growing up in  a large town, full of roads, motorways, cars and concrete didn't seem such a bad thing, that is until you move into a village. Now when I look out of the windows I can now see fields, breathe in fresh air and best of all we have animals close by.

Don't get me wrong I wouldn't change how I grew up but for my little girl, I know we definately made the right move. For example, I took her 5 mins walk down the road and we got to stroke these beautiful horses



Better news was to come when I made friends wth my next door neighbour, she owns them !! We've fed them apples and stroked them knowing they are now friendly.

5 minutes down the other road are highland cows and horses which are used for dressage purposes, another 5 minutes and there are fields full of sheep. Yes, during the muck spreading it smells worse than a dirty nappy but this is country living.

I am just waiting for the words "you're not local" this may be true, but for me.... this is home !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm 26,I have a beautiful daughter born Christmas Eve 2009 with Dan. We've been together for 3 years. Moved from Luton, Bedfordshire to Newcastle 2006 and have since moved to Acomb, Northumberland.